We have some excellent reading for you this week. We obviously love fashion + tech here, but sometimes it’s good to take a broader view of the ecosystem. I recently wrote about how XBox’s Kinect was making a foray into fashion, but we’re not the only industry who has taken note. And remember how right before the Facebook IPO there were reports of brands shuttering their Facebook storefronts? Those failures may be the exception, not the rule. Speaking of exceptions, there are prototypes of clothing controlled by your mind. How exceptional is that?! But lest you get too overwhelmed, there’s also news coming from more familiar areas – ecommerce! Phew, that’s something we all know and love. I continue to be intrigued by e-tailers who try out the brick & mortar model, and an SFFT hometown hero continues to be recognized for the innovation in mobile commerce. And just for fun, check out some crazy predictions for how technology will change our lives in the not-too-distant future. Robots may or may not be involved.
- How Kinect Spawned A Commercial Ecosystem (New York Times)
- Study Ranks Macy’s, Sephora and Michael Kors as Facebook ‘Geniuses’ (Chain Store Age)
- Mechapolypse: A Mind Controlled Shape Shifting Garment (Fashioning Tech)
- Mr. Porter’s New Pop-Up Shop (Forbes)
- Mobile Fashion Marketplace Connects Consumers Looking to Swap Clothes (PSFK)
- 32 Innovations That Will Change Your Tomorrow (New York Times)
Photo via Forbes