As the social media gold rush continues, it’s important for boutiques owners, personal stylists, fashion app developers, and fashionistas to remember that there’s still strong value building business through blogging. Here is a rundown of the top 5 reasons your brand should keep blogging on a regular basis.
- It Builds Traffic - there will always be a correlation between traffic and conversion. The more traffic you can attract, the more likely you’ll make a sale, get new business, find more advertisers, or whatever else makes your business tick. Adding new articles to your blog on a regular basis (I recommend clients blog at least weekly) gives your business more freshness - and search engines LOVE fresh content to crawl. Posting regularly will ensure your brand is highly-ranked for important keywords in search engine results. Additionally, when you link your blog to social networks you are connecting the new blog content to your existing user base.
- Authenticity -these days, anyone can post anything about your company online, good or bad. Blogs help you manage your reputation and give your business an authentic voice. Blogs provide an opportunity to speak directly to your prospects and customers.
- Increases Credibility - People are more likely to buy goods and services from a business they feel connected to. Having a blog that your regularly update can help foster a relationship with customers and allow your readers to feel like they know you as a brand.
- Customer Interaction - write blog posts that engage your users. If you are not getting comments and feedback from your articles, you are doing it wrong. If you are looking for more user engagement, try a blog post giveaway, or create articles that ask questions and demand feedback. User interaction can help shape the future of your business. Some retailers produce new products based on user generated content (ie. graphic t-shirt designs).
- Attracts Media - Popular blogs are blogs that are relevant to their audience. Research your customers. Figure out where they shop, what they read, etc. Then, target your audience with information beyond what you sell. Give them industry news and events so they know you have your finger on the pulse. Blogs that appear relevant to users and search engines can attract the attention of mainstream media outlets…and skyrocket your brand awareness overnight.
While there are many reasons your business should have a blog, these are just a few of the reasons to use a blog as part of your business strategy. If you haven’t started a company blog yet, you definitely should. Blogs are a lot of work, but in the end they will be a cost effective, lead generating machine for your business!
Thanks for reading and I hope you have enjoyed this article. I welcome your comments and questions below.